Camp Sunny Days - Jr CIT 2023
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
**Please see “IMPORTANT MEDICAL INFORMATION” below regarding the required Medical History and Immunization Records.
This program is a youth skills-leadership development program for teens between 15 and 16 years of age, must have at least two seasons prior experience as a camper and participation is on a volunteer basis. This is not a paid position. There will be a Jr CIT performance evaluation, which will enable the Jr CIT participant to use their experience on a job application in the future. Participation as a Jr CIT in the program is not a guarantee for future employment as a Counselor.
Jr CIT Evaluations will be taken into consideration, as part of the interview process to fill open Counselor positions in the future, if an application is submitted for a Counselor Job.
This registration process is required, but does not eliminate the need to fill out and submit the Jr CIT Application to the Rec Office. The link for the application can be found below under Additional Forms and Files.
THIS IS A TWO PART PROCESS.
Part 1 is completing the registration below.
Part 2 is completing and submitting the Application in FULL.
PLEASE NOTE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR PART 2:
~Please provide a minimum of two letters of recommendation from leaders in the community.
~Camp Activity Resource with Instructions - More information in packet
~ Complete Jr CIT Application
~Medical History with Immunization Records from physician's office on or before May 19th
~Staff Contact Information Sheet
Please ONLY submit the application once you have all of the requirements completed.
Applications that are missing ANY of the required information will NOT be accepted
Enrollment is limited and application must be submitted by May 19th.
- Session 1 runs from June 26th - July 7th -NO CAMP ON JULY 4TH-
- Session 2 runs from July 10th - July 21st
- Session 3 runs from July 24th - August 4th
- MEDICAL HISTORY AND IMMUNIZATION RECORDS: Dutchess County Department of Health regulations require that we have Medical History and the dates of these Immunizations on file from Physician's Office.
- Copy of these records MUST be submitted ON OR BEFORE MAY 21st.
- A Camp physical is not mandatory, but any and all health concerns must be noted.
- All campers must wear stable, sturdy footwear daily. This is a safety issue. Flip flops are NOT allowed.
- Absolutely no early drop-offs in the A.M.,
- Water bottles are necessary; Lunch should be brought daily in an insulated bag, if possible. Please mark all belongings with child's name.
- Note: Please make sure your child leaves all electronic devices and valuables at home. There is no need for them at camp. The Town of Pleasant Valley is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Dress your child for the weather, and consult the calendar for special events that may require a change of clothes.
- Please make sure any sunscreen or bug repellent protection is is applied prior to camp. CIT's may apply it to themselves if they wish during the day.
- Each Jr CIT will receive two t-shirts per season (not session).
- The registration process asks for "Who Will / May Pick up your child from camp" each day. If someone other than the pick-up designee's will pick up your child, there needs to be a note sent to the Camp Director stating such. ID of this person will be required at the time of pick-up, or dismissal card must be present.
- Session 1- Town of Stanford Rec. Park- June 29th - Rain date June 30th - Trip includes: transportation, swimming, field games (volleyball, kickball, and badminton). Please send camper with lunch and snacks
- Session 2- Fishkill Bowl - July 20th - Trip includes: transportation, 2 games, shoe rental, slice of pizza and soft drink
- Session 3- Town of Stanford Rec. Park - August 3rd - Rain date August 4th - Trip includes: transportation, swimming, field games (volleyball, kickball, and badminton). Please send camper with lunch and snacks
- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE IS NO CAMP THE DAY OF A TRIP, WHICH MEANS IF YOUR CHILD IS NOT ATTENDING THE SCHEDULED TRIP, YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE ALTERNATE PLANS THAT DAY.
Additional Forms and Files: