Camp Sunny Days Program - Junior Leader 2023
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Jr. Leadership Camper Program
Must be entering 8th to 9th Grade and must register for a minimum of two consecutive weeks. Its required to have been a camper in good standing at Camp Sunny Days for at least two years, preferably the last two consecutive years, but at least the prior year as a camper is required, baby sitting or other related certification preferred, but not required.
Jr. Leader Campers participate in training under direction of Camp Director and/or Assistant Camp Director. Jr. Leader Campers are assigned to specific Jr. CIT’s/Counselors in camper groups younger than themselves.
Jr. Leadership Campers learn various job skills, such as completing a job application, the interview process, obtaining references and pre-determined work expectations and performance review process. Jr. Leadership Campers are expected to take on leadership qualities and establish rapport with all campers. Interview process and performance review process will include targeted skills and the opportunity to develop these skills.
Enrollment is limited and application must be submitted by:
Session one - May 19th
Session two - June 2nd
Session three - June 16th
THIS IS A TWO PART PROCESS.
Part 1 is completing the registration below.
Part 2 is completing and submitting the Application in FULL.
PLEASE NOTE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR PART 2:
~Please provide a minimum of two letters of recommendation from leaders in the community.
~150 Word Essay on why you would like to be a Jr. Leader
~ Complete Jr. Leader Application
~Medical History with Immunization Records from physician's office with the application.
~Staff Contact Information Sheet
Applications that are missing ANY of the required information CANNOT be accepted. Please ONLY submit the application once you have all of the requirements completed.
Jr. Leader Applications should be submitted to;
PV Recreation 27 Hibernia Rd. Salt Point, NY 12578
** “IMPORTANT MEDICAL INFORMATION” below regarding the required Medical History and Immunization records.
- Session 1 runs from June 26th - July 7th -NO CAMP JULY 4TH SESSION PRORATED-
- Session 2 runs from July 10th - July 21st
- Session 3 runs from July 24th - August 4th
- Registration Closes as Follows ( if maximum capacity has not been met):
- -session one: June 19th
- -session two: July 3rd
- -session three: July 17th
- You MUST complete the entire JR. Leadership Application and return to us no later than June 19th for session one, July 3rd for session two and July 17th for session three.
- All Jr. Leader Campers must wear stable, sturdy footwear daily. This is a safety issue. Flip flops are NOT allowed.
- Absolutely no early drop-offs in the A.M., unless registered for Early Drop-Off & participants must be picked up no later than 3 PM unless registered for late pick up; pick-up begins at 2:30 PM.
- Water bottles are necessary; Lunch should be brought daily in an insulated bag, if possible. Please mark all belongings with child's name.
- Note: Please make sure your child leaves all electronic devices and valuables at home. There is no need for them at camp. The Town of Pleasant Valley is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Dress your child for the weather, and consult the calendar for special events that may require a change of clothes.
- Please make sure any sunscreen or bug repellent protection of this kind is applied prior to camp. Jr. Leader Campers may apply it themselves if they wish during the day.
- The registration process asks for "Who Will / May Pick up your child from camp" each day. If someone other than the pick-up designees will pick up your child, there needs to be a note sent to the Camp Director stating such. ID of this person will be required at the time of pick-up, or Dismissal Card must be present.
- Trip Information: PLEASE SEE BELOW
- Any Two Week Session: Residents $190.00; Eligible Non-residents $215.00
- Session One: Monday July 4 No Camp (session prorated)
- Checks / Money Orders must be made payable to: Town of Pleasant Valley
IMPORTANT MEDICAL INFORMATION
- MEDICAL HISTORY AND IMMUNIZATION RECORDS: Dutchess County Department of Health regulations require that we have Medical History and the dates of these Immunizations on file from Physician's Office.
- Copy of these records MUST be submitted with application
- Session one May 21, Session two June 4th, Session three June 18th .
- A Camp physical is not mandatory, but any and all health concerns must be noted.
- Session 1 - June 29th - Rain date June 30th - Town of Stanford Rec. Park - Trip includes: transportation, swimming, field games (volleyball, kickball, and badminton). Please send camper with lunch and snacks
- Session 2 - July 20th - Fishkill Bowl - Trip includes: transportation, 2 games, shoe rental, slice of pizza and soft drink
- Session 3 - August 3rd - Rain date August 4th - Town of Stanford Rec. Park - Trip includes: transportation, swimming, field games (volleyball, kickball, and badminton). Please send camper with lunch and snacks
- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE IS NO CAMP THE DAY OF A TRIP, WHICH MEANS IF YOUR CHILD IS NOT ATTENDING THE SCHEDULED TRIP, YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE ALTERNATE PLANS THAT DAY.
Additional Forms and Files: